This three (3) day curriculum is designed to assist various types of emergency responders that could be called upon to respond to a possible HME Lab, or assist in locating, identifying, and rendering safe suspected HME.
This course is customized for the end user and will specifically enhance the abilities of the following:
- Civilian Law Enforcement (Hazardous Devices Technicians, SWAT Operators Crime Scene Search Investigators).
- Fire Departments (Hazardous Material Technicians, Arson Investigators).
- Military (Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technicians, Special Operations).
- Specialized Private or Federal Security Professionals.
Depending on the specific requirements of the client, ORI will use a unique hands-on approach to learning that combines classroom instruction, laboratory demonstrations, and scenario based exercises. For Military Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technicians and Civilian Hazardous Devices Technicians, range demonstrations and a site exploitation exercise will bring realism to the training environment.
Primary learning objectives of the course include:
- Identify chemicals and precursors associated with HME and demonstrate the ability to safely handle these materials.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly test unknown substances in a safe manner.
- Understand the procedures for neutralizing or desensitizing HME and associated chemicals/precursors.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to, assess, manage, and render safe a suspected HME location.